This was giving me the most headache! Hopefully its all settled now since deposit has been paid.
When I first set out on the venue search, I had the following criteria in mind:
- Cost – its okay and the final amount will be lesser than a CC
- Accessibility – reasonable. There’s only 2 buses that go there, but its fairly near the estate’s MRT and interchange
- Distance to home – its very far for both of us hahaha
- Facilities – proper changing room is provided with toilets nearby. washing allowed. large carpark across the road
- Space – fairly large space with a capacity for 20 tables
- Comfort – ada AIR CON
- Restrictions – cannot cook and no kompang playing inside
- Security – lower risk than CC because it won’t be taken away should there be Presidential Elections next year (which must happen by August 2017) or a by-election if your MP gatal and go have an affair
- Aesthetics – no pillar and no lines on the floor
So.. the chosen venue is Dewan Yam at Masjid Ar-Raudhah! After considering all our choices, we felt that this was the most feasible location. Sure, Bukit Batok is nowhere near my neighbourhood but I like that it fulfills my original desire to nikah at a mosque. Plus decor + caterer have done majlis there before, so they should be familiar with the requirements.
Alhamdulilah one big load off my shoulder.
Going to JB tomorrow to select my pre-wedding photos. 🙂